Source: Chaplains in the Jurisdiction of the Presidency of Fort St George from 1647 to 1805 (Rev Frank Perry, The Church In Madras 1904)
Biography: JAMES WENDEY was appointed to Fort St. George in 1697 and remained there till 1707. He was the son of James Wendey of Cambridge. He matriculated at St. John's College in 1688, and graduated B.A. in 1692, M.A. in 1696. On his return from Fort St. George after ten years service he was instituted to the Kectory of Kede, co. Herts; by dispensation in 1718 he was allowed to hold at the same time the vicarage of Barkeway in the same county. In 1727 he resigned these benefices in favour of Titus Wendey (relationship not stated) and was instituted to the vicarage of Abbott's Anne, co. Southampton. Soon after his return home he was elected to serve on the Committee of the S.P.C.K.