Source: Chaplains in the Jurisdiction of the Presidency of Fort St George from 1647 to 1805 (Rev Frank Perry, The Church In Madras 1904)
Biography: JOHN LANDON was appointed by the new English Company in 1700, and was sent to Masulipatam, where they had a Factory. Here he remained till 1704, when he was ordered by the United Company to go to Fort St. David. In 1706 he resigned the service and went home. He was of Brasenose College Oxford, and took his B.A. degree in 1696. On his return from India he took the B.C.L. and D.C.L. degrees in 1709.