Source: Chaplains in the HEICS 1836-58 (Rev Frank Perry, The Church In Madras 1904)
Biography: HENRY PIGOT JAMES graduated at St. Bees in 1850. He was ordained deacon at York in 1852 and priest in 1853, his first curacy being at St. Olave's, York. In 1855 he was appointed a Chaplain. Reserved at Nagpore, 1856-61; Secunderabad, 1861-66; Berar, 1866-70; Ootacamund, 1870-72; Bangalore, 1872-77; and St. Thomas Mount, 1877-82. Upon his retirement he became Rector of Tibberton, Shropshire, but he gave up active work in 1886, and died in 1891.