Source: Chaplains in the HEICS 1836-58 (Rev Frank Perry, The Church In Madras 1904)
Biography: JAMES MCKEE was born in 1816 at Deny, being the son of Robert McKee of that place. He graduated B.A. at Trinity College, Dublin, in 1845, and obtained a first class in the Divinity test. He took the B.D. and D.D. degrees in 1868. He was ordained deacon at Dublin and priest at Kilmore in 1845, his first curacy being at Lavy, in the diocese of Kilmore, 1845-47. In the latter year he went to England and held curacies at various places, including St. Mary's, Nottingham, and Gayton, in the county of Northampton; and he was also Chaplain of the Northants County Asylum. In 1856 he was appointed a Chaplain in the Company's Service. He served at Quilon, 1857-60; Calicut, 1860-66; Trevandrum, 1866-67; Coonoor, 1867-69; Trevandrum, 1869-75; and Mercara, 1875-78, when he retired. On his return to England, he became Curate of Stockton-on-Tees, Curate-in-charge of Little Maplestead, and in 1880 Vicar of Wymynyswold, in Kent. He died in 1889.